Thursday, March 7, 2013

Read With Caution

I loved reading to such excess, particularly romances, that I spent whole days and nights at them. Sometimes the day broke while I continued to read, insomuch, that for a length of time I almost lost the habit of sleeping. I was ever eager to get to the end of the book, in hopes of finding something to satisfy a certain craving which I found within me. My thirst for reading was only increased the more I read. Books are strange inventions to destroy youth. If they caused no other hurt than the loss of precious time, is not that too much? I was not restrained, but rather encouraged to read them under this fallacious pretext, that they taught one to speak well.

Autobiography: Madame Guyon
pg 45

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And here's a good tip: if your bag's cleaning instructions call for
air drying in a tumble dryer, try throwing a few tennis balls
in with the sleeping bag. Once your clothes have been washed and waterproofed as necessary, place them in an airtight container and store them in a location that's dry and out of direct sunlight. When a heavier weight than this is placed on the shoulders, it will cause imbalance and pull the person backwards.

Also visit my homepage ... drawstring backpack